Live The Life You Love, Use The God You Trust, And Don't Take It All Too Seriously

1.8.04

Home Alone

So Chelee and the kids are off camping with my In-laws and darn it if I didn't get to go. Again. This is an annual event and I can never seem to go. O well, it is a nice relaxing weekend for me to do a bunch of projects without any "help" from certain short family members. Not that I don't appreciate his guidence, but it seems to get finished faster with no distractions. Or answering 400 questions.

I also get to do things I can't when the kids are around, like sleep in til 9:15 this morning! And I can listen to music with profanity and such without headphones. And then it hit me. I'm old and lame. Just look at my current playlist to see how pathetic I am. With the exception of the B-Boys all of those albums are totally from the 80's! My teen years on display. Chelee will tell you how gay all that stuff I like is. I'm surprised I didn't have a Depeche Mode party! (although...)

Anyway, what can ya do? I'll just drink another beer and geek out on my own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina Gutleben said...

Well... the B-Boys are from the 80's too! They have just endured longer. Endurance is a good thing. I remember listening to the Beastie Boys and the Sex Pistols and the Dead Milkmen as a VERY young child. I had older teenage brothers. I loved the 80's!

4.8.04

 
Blogger calculon said...

While you are correct Katie, my point was those other albums were actually made in the 80's. Don't forget the Dead Kennedys either. And yes, the 80's RULED!!!

4.8.04

 
Blogger Melonary said...

I missed the 80s. I lived in Alaska in the 80s, but they were still doing the 70s then.

8.8.04

 

Post a Comment

<< Home