Live The Life You Love, Use The God You Trust, And Don't Take It All Too Seriously

18.7.04

Sorry Dawn

This is in response to a post of Dawn's a few weeks ago. I have to disagree with her about the new Beastie Boys album. It's not that great. I am wholly disappointed in it. After 6 years off you would think they could have come up with something better.
Not that there aren't any good songs on it, there are, but... as a whole...
This pains me to say as I LOVE they're work. Just go back to Hello Nasty and you see how much better that was. And don't get me started on their masterpiece, Check Your Head.
It seems as though they rely heavily on the swearing on this record (not that I'm a prude mind you). But seriously, are they trying to keep up with Eminem and 50 cent?
Come on guys, I expect so much more from people that actully have I.Q.'s higher than room temperature.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Intergalactic, Planetary, Planetary, Intergalactic"

Why is it I can only relate to white rappers?

18.7.04

 
Blogger Dawn said...

In the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, "Agree to disagree!"

I'm still very happy with the new album. It might be my favorite of theirs to date. Hello Nasty had a lot of good stuff, but was pretty uneven overall, I thought.

Is there a lot of swearing on 5 Boroughs? I guess I didn't notice.

19.7.04

 

Post a Comment

<< Home