Live The Life You Love, Use The God You Trust, And Don't Take It All Too Seriously

21.8.05

We Can Rebuild Her...

WARNING: The following story is true, and will probably contain a fair amount of foul language.

So Chelee's cousin Hannah just got married last week. Hoorah for her. Last night she and her new groom were at some racetrack in Wenatchee. Great. Then there was a car wreck. Who doesn't like a good crash, right? That shit happens all the time in auto racing. Well, the tire came off in this crash, see, and the rotor deal that holds the tire on came off too. This rotor goes rocketing into the crowd and SEVERS Hannah's leg below the knee!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! That was the story Chelee and I were told first thing this morning.

They were flown to Seattle and Hannah is at the hospital having the leg reattached! They think it should be O.K. Can you believe that shit? That seriously fucks up your honeymoon. I guess truth really is stranger than fiction. I will keep you all posted as to the progress of this unfolding saga.

That's it for now I guess, so....

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifershmoo said...

Oh my God! That's like getting hit by a meteor or something, I mean what are the odds? I really hope everything turns out okay and the leg heals well...and that they get a bazillion dollars in damages and can retire for the rest of their lives.

23.8.05

 
Blogger Katrina Gutleben said...

Oh My God! That has to SO suck!

And I second the bazillion dollars!

Crazy!

24.8.05

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

When Chelee told me this story I couldn't stop thinking about it. What a freak accident, and how horrible that it happened right after getting married...not a great start for their life together.

Chelee said it best when she pointed out it was a good thing the shrapnel wasn't a couple of feet higher from the ground. Better her leg than her head!

27.8.05

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in here in awhile. Holy shit! How did I miss this story? Egads. And this was the same wedding that happened on the night of the freak dust storm, right? What weird, ominous events to have kick off one's married life. I'm glad they were able to save the leg.

6.9.05

 
Blogger Melonary said...

This is the second honeymoon horror story I've heard this year! A (local) guy fell asleep while driving on their honeymoon. She wasn't hurt but he screwed up his arm pretty badly. Hopefully both these couples got their disaster out of the way early and will have smooth sailing ahead.

12.9.05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home