Live The Life You Love, Use The God You Trust, And Don't Take It All Too Seriously

31.5.05

Memorial Weekend Spectacular!

What a kick ass weekend.

Saturday was totally awesome. Sasquatch Festival was an incredible concert.

The Pixies still rock after all these years. They were way cool. Black Francis doesn't quite have the vocal range he used to, but that didn't change the fact that they ROCKED HARD!! They cranked through nearly half of their catalog!

Modest Mouse sounded great, and put on a heck of a show. They played a wide selection from all their albums. Really great band.

Wilco was super cool. They obviously enjoy what they do. They seem to really put their all into performing. I only wish they would have played more from older albums, but I'm not complaining.

Finally, The Arcade Fire. Wow. I don't even know where to begin. These guys are simply amazing! And what a performance. They so rocked and kicked supreme ass, I'm at a loss for words. A band worth checking out.

Jem was also there and she was pretty decent for electronic dance pop. Not too shabby. Then there was Kanye West. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking rap or anything, but this guy stinks! His raps really sucked balls! So only one lousy performer the whole day. Not bad. A great experience overall.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Arcade Fire Yessssssssss!

Kanye West Nooooooooo!
He totally sucked.

2.6.05

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah, RPL has Jem's cd but get in line cuz I've got it checked out.

2.6.05

 
Blogger Keith said...

You know, the first time I heard Jem on the radio up here, I thought for sure I was hearing that name wrong. I mean come on!! Jem was a cartoon show of the late 80s or whenever it was.

4.6.05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home