Live The Life You Love, Use The God You Trust, And Don't Take It All Too Seriously

23.1.05

Catching Up

So much has seemed to happen in the last week. I can't believe Johnny Carson died today. I mean I know he wasn't gonna live forever or anything but, wow. That just came out of left field. I guess that's how death works. Anyway...

For any one who is interested, I turned 35 on my birthday last week. I don't really feel old or anything. Wierd. Chelee and the kids bought me the Star Wars dvd set. Super Bitchen'. My patience paid off monetarily. We got it at Costco for $34.99!!(it's usually $49.99 at most places) Sweet deal! It made me happy. I bought a couple of cd's and the Repo Man dvd for myself with the cash I received from people. I made $145 bucks. All in all, pretty good B-day.

So recently I have totally gotten into Melmac. It's that hard Plastic they made school lunch trays out of, and just about everything else in the 50's, 60's and 70's. It is sooo awesome! We got a couple of things at thrift stores last week.
We use the ashtray for a candy dish. We also got a salt & pepper shaker set, but we didn't get a pic yet. Chelee just won 2 lunch trays on e-Bay today. Only $4.99. Can't wait til they get here.

We had my grandad over for lunch today. That was cool. Lots of fun. The Christmas gift we gave him was a dinner/lunch (his choice) once a month for the year. That is good for all of us as we enjoy his company and he enjoys ours. Or so he says. Just kidding. Plus the kids love hanging out with him. I have to say that he's a pretty cool guy.

Anywhooo...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so excited for those trays.

BTW,
Thanks for the vitamix.

24.1.05

 
Blogger Katrina Gutleben said...

It's a good thing you got those lunch trays since you're homeschooling.

I had to say that since a friend said that to me (in complete seriousness) when I bought some Tupperware lunch trays. Because lunch on a tray is apparently one of those important socialization moments! LOL

Cool though, vey cool.

25.1.05

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Having lunch with your grandad once a month is an awesome idea. Keeps you in touch, and gives him a connection with his great grandkids(and they with him).

26.1.05

 
Blogger Keith said...

$145! *waits for Troy in a dark alley*

26.1.05

 
Blogger Melonary said...

You better say you enjoy his company, in case he reads your blog!

That was a bummer about Johnny. He was so young! I don't want to die for a long time. There are too many things I still want to do. My hardest birthday was 36. They are all downhill from there, but better than the alternative.

So, Happy Belated Birthday!

26.1.05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home